1/2 hour quiz on balance sheets
Test on Friday– Chapters 1 and 2
Work on Exercise 5 Page 49 and share results
Discussion: claims against the assets
Additional practice and review: Questions for Further Thought 1-7 Page 50
Exercise 3 Page 29 is to be submitted at the end of the period (hard copy)
Balance Sheet Quiz on Wednesday
Read Pages 18-19 and Complete Review Questions 1-6 and exercises 1-6
Read 21-27 Review questions 1-17 Exercises 2-3 Page 29
- Balance Sheet Quiz on Wednesday
- You will have a work period tomorrow to work on a balance sheet to be handed in at the end of the period
- Unit Test on Friday (Chapters 1 and 2)
Sample balance sheet we completed in class:
Please use the class code: zi0g5n
Who Wants to be a Millionaire:
Read it here: The Millionaire Next Door
Key Questions to focus on (you should be able to answer these when you are done):
- What is an asset and liability?
- What is net worth? equity?
Activity: Due Monday February 12th (please print a hard copy for submission)
(age x income)/10
Actual net worth > or = to wealth calculator result
Discussion: Internal and External Stakeholders
Questions to consider:
- Who do accountants report to?
- Why is the information and analysis they provide so important?
What types of decisions require the work of accountants?
- Review TIMETABLES make sure you are in the correct class
- Accountants as Scorekeepers
- Discussion: the different types of accounting and the different designations
- Previous Accounting designations: CA’s, CGA’s and CMA’s
- In 2013 CMA and CA members voted for a new unified designation: CPA (Chartered professional Accountant) cpacanada.ca
- On October 1, 2014 CPA Canada signed an agreement to merge with Certified General Accountants of Canada (CGA-Canada), completing integration of the country’s national accounting bodies
Career Ads Activity Due Friday Feb. 9th:
This is the place for resources, course policy, assignments, activities and a summary of all we do and learn together in class. It is your responsibility to check the class blog daily, share with your parents, and use the tools for learning provided here for you.
- Be sure to subscribe to get e-mail updates whenever there is a change to the blog
- Make sure you check the blog if you are away in order to keep up
- All assignments and handouts are available on the blog – we will do our best to save trees – this means you will decide what to printout or save to your computer/phone/tablet
I look forward to learning with you,
Please complete the following:Introductions
Please watch this:
Financial Accounting Fundamentals, (BAF3M) Grade 11, University/College Preparation
This course introduces students to the fundamental principles and procedures of accounting. Students will develop financial analysis and decision-making skills that will assist them in future studies and/or career opportunities in business. Students will acquire an understanding of accounting for a service and a merchandising business, computerized accounting, financial analysis, and ethics and current issues in accounting.