Textbooks are in the closet at the back of the room. Please return them when they are done.
Please read Pages 128-129
Please answer the following:
- Why was Canada also at war once Great Britain declared war on Germany?
- What does calling Britain the ‘mother country’ suggest about Canada’s relationship with Britain?
- What factors motivated so many Canadians to sign up so quickly to fight in the war?
- Which groups of Canadians we not allowed to sign up to fight in the war? What does this tell you about Canadian society at the time?
Please read Pages 130-133
- How did technology change the way wars were fought by the end of the war? What are some examples of how warfare today is different from the First World War?