Some Possible Topics – In Our Time Part I
You may select an issue in economics or a major event in economic history as your focus:
Some major events:
- The Great Depression
- Stagflation of the 1970’s
- The 70’s Energy Crisis and the Oil Shock of 1973
- The Savings and Loans Crises
- The Great Recession of 2008
- The Japanese Asset Price Bubble and the Lost Decade
- The Dot.Com Bubble
- The Greek Debt Crisis
- European Sovereign Debt Crisis
- Housing Affordability – Why are Prices Rising So Fast and What are the Consequences?
- Is Canada Getting Too Old?: Consequences of an Aging Population-An Economic Perspective.
- Organized Labor: Why Is Labor Unionism Declining?
- Women in the Labor Force: Are They Getting Their Due?
- Minorities in the Labor Force: Are They Getting Their Due?
- Canadian Tax Policy: Is the Canadian Tax System Fair?
- Poverty in Canada: Is the Middle Class Dream an Increasingly Impossible One?
- Modernization of Agriculture: Can Canadian Farmers “Make It” in the 21st Century?
- Socialism vs. Laissez-faire: What Direction for the New Millennium?
- Free Trade: are Free Trade Deals a Good Idea for Canada?