Please check D2L for your stakeholder assignment for the case conference – Monday-Thursday
Please continue editing your Macroeconomics report- Due Tuesday (hard copy and D2L submission)
Begin preparing for our case conference:
Please use the period to prepare for our Case Conference and the In Our Time Project Part I
Please use the reading listed, your textbook and additional readings for preparation
First Run on Wednesday – Topic: University Tuition Rates
Case Conference: Thursday and Friday Next Week
1. EXPLAIN, USING SUPPLY AND DEMAND ANALYSIS, WHY THE PRICE OF TUITION HAS BEEN INCREASING SO RAPIDLY.
2. DO YOU THINK A) THE SUPPLY AND B) THE DEMAND FOR A POST- SECONDARY EDUCATION IS PRICE ELASTIC OR INELASTIC? JUSTIFY YOUR CHOICES AND EXPLAIN WHETHER THIS MEANS ANY GIVEN CHANGE IN SUPPLY OR DEMAND WILL HAVE A BIGGER EFFECT ON THE EQUILIBRIUM PRICE.
3. IN WHAT WAYS IS THE MARKET FOR POST SECONDARY EDUCATION DIFFERENT/SIMILAR TO A PRODUCT SUCH AS GASOLINE OR FOOD?
4. HOW MIGHT GOVERNMENTS WITH DIFFERENT ECONOMIC SYSTEMS REACT TO AN INCREASE IN THE PRICE OF TUITION?
5. WHAT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO GOVERNMENTS TO DEAL WITH THE RISING COST OF TUITION? PROVIDE EXAMPLES AND YOUR CRITIQUE OF THE APPROACH.
6.WHAT DO CONTEMPORARY AND HISTORICAL ECONOMISTS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE ISSUE?